It is critical for an independent insurance agent to have their contracting clients insured properly. Rating can be a challenge when you factor in subcontracted work and making sure the appropriate class codes are being used. MJ Kelly specializes in coverage for all contracting risks – whether it’s a new venture artisan contractor or a general contractor subbing out 100% of the work.
Here are 5 ways that MJ Kelly has your contractors covered:
- “The Contractors Bundle” is one of the many ways our carrier partners make it easy for our agents. We can add Blanket Additional Insured, Blanket Waiver of Subrogation, Per Project Aggregate and Blanket Primary and Noncontributory endorsements to eligible risks at NO additional charge.
- Certificates of Insurance for Subcontractors aren’t always required. We partner with the top insurance carriers that understand your clients’ business. General contractors need to be focused on the work at hand rather than constantly issuing COI’s for their subcontractors. The warranty requiring subcontractor management can be removed for a surcharge if they are insured and carry equal or greater limits of liability.
- All contractors are welcome. We can consider a new venture artisan contractor, remodeler, handyperson, general contractor that hires 100% subcontracted labor, and everything in between. We accept risks that are new ventures – have lapses in coverage – and have unfavorable loss history.
- Coverage offered includes General Liability, Property, Inland Marine, Commercial Excess, Incidental Professional, Pollution and Crime.
- MJ Kelly has industry leading underwriting expertise. Contractors are our largest class of business. Our underwriters know where to find credits for your insured, help you navigate hidden exclusions and warranties, and ensure that every aspect of your clients’ business has the protection they need.
Simply put – MJ Kelly has you covered. Our expert underwriting team will provide a tailor-made solution for your clients’ unique needs and our carrier partners will offer the coverages that are needed at competitive prices. MJ Kelly also offers in-house premium financing to make it easy for your insureds to pay their premiums. Give us a call today to find out how we can provide a one-stop for all your insurance needs.